Trumbull Health Foundation Awards 11 Scholarships
WARREN, Ohio — The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation has awarded scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 to 11 Trumbull County residents who are planning careers in healthcare.
“We are proud of these students achievements that enabled them to secure scholarships to pursue careers in health care,” said Patrick K. Wilson, chairman of the health foundation and a lawyer with Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell. “The need for dedicated health-care professionals is acute in many communities across our nation and state, including here in the Mahoning Valley, where our population is aging faster than those of Ohio and the United States in general.”
The scholarship winners were chosen through an application process that considered students’ academic achievement, career plans and extracurricular activities.
The recipients are:
• Sara Baugher, Southington High School, Ohio State.
• Lauren Harkins, Champion High School , Kent State Trumbull.
• Autumn Heald, Howland High School, University of Virginia.
• Hannah Jones, McDonald High School, Youngstown State.
• Austin Karr, Southington High School, Ohio State.
• Brooke Kulusich, Howland High School, University of Pittsburgh
• Harlie Silberman, Hubbard High School, Youngstown State.
• Alyssa Sterle, Lordstown High School, Ohio State.
• Jacob Varga, Brookfield High School, Kent State.
• Taylor Vassis, John F. Kennedy High School, Ohio State.
• Julie Zalar, Champion High School, Slippery Rock.
The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation, with assets of more than $13 million, is the successor to the Trumbull Memorial Hospital Foundation, which was created by the hospital in 1976. Since 2012, the foundation has operated separately from the hospital as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley.
Pictured: Scholarship recipients Sara Baugher, Austin Karr, Jacob Varga, Autumn Heald, Brooke Kulusich. Recipients missing from the photo are Julie Zalar and Harlie Silberman.
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.