Banking & Finance
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. -- Retail sales of new vehicles in the month of November are projected to reach their highest level, 1.1 million units, for the month since 2001, a 5.5% increase on a selling-day adjusted basis, compared with November 2013, say J.D. Power and LMC Automotive.
This November has one fewer selling day than November 2013.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Foreclosure rates in Youngstown-Warren-Boardman metro area decreased for the month of September over the same period last year, according to newly released data from CoreLogic, a California-based provider of financial data.
The rate of Youngstown-Warren-Boardman area foreclosures among outstanding mortgage loans was 2.15% for the month of September, a decrease of 1.31% compared to September 2013 when the rate was 3.46%.
SHANGHAI -- General Motors and its joint ventures have sold 3 million vehicles in China to date in 2014. This is the second consecutive year that GM has reached the milestone, a month earlier than last year, the automaker said.
In 2013, GM and its joint ventures hit 3 million sales in a calendar year on Dec. 12 for the first time in GM’s history in its largest market. This year the number was reached Nov. 14.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Asked about their cybersecurity practices, 3% of investment advisers who responded to a state survey said they have experienced a cybersecurity incident. The survey was conducted by the Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Securities.
In addition, 62% of firms said they have performed a cybersecurity risk assessment and 44% have policies and procedures directly related to cybersecurity.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- What’s self-evident to a certified public accountant isn’t always obvious to the owner of a small company.
- Investment Advisers Report Few Security Breaches - November 14, 2014
- Cohen & Co. Seminar Tells How to Increase Profits - November 11, 2014
- SBA Lending at Record High Nationally, Regionally - November 7, 2014
- Huntington Offers Checking Accounts that Pay Interest - November 7, 2014
- Holiday Spending to Average $538 Per Household - November 7, 2014
- Funded Status of US Corporate Pensions Falls - November 6, 2014
- Talmer Reports 3Q Net Income of $19.52M - November 5, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.