Banking & Finance
SEATTLE -- One in six U.S. homeowners with a mortgage -- or 8.7 million Americans -- was underwater in the second quarter despite rising residential values, Zillow reported Wednesday.
This is down from 18.8% in the first quarter and from 23.8% in the second quarter of last year.
Underwater refers to a mortgage holder owing more on his loan than he could sell for.
WASHINGTON – A slight majority, 53%, of the economists employed by large corporations and national trade associations think the Federal Open Markets Committee is on the right track while nearly two in five, 39%, think Fed policy is “too stimulative,” says a report from the National Association for Business Economics released today.
PITTSBURGH -- Shareholders of OBA Financial Services Inc., based in Germantown, Md., voted to become part of F.N.B. Corp., the companies announced Thursday.
Expected closing date is Sept. 19. All regulatory issues were completed July 29, F.N.B. said.
OBA is the parent of OBA Bank, founded in 1861, which has assets of $381.6 million and six offices in eastern Maryland. It has 63 full-time and nine part-time employees.
WASHINGTON -- Mobile banking -- using a tablet, Blackberry, personal digital assistant (PDA) or cell phone to manage one’s bank accounts -- is gaining momentum although Americans still prefer the Internet, the American Bankers Association said Wednesday.
Use of mobile devices has grown to 10% today from 8% in 2013, the ABA said of the survey of 1,000 adults conducted in its behalf by Ipsos Public Affairs, an independent market research firm.
- Used-Car Prices Will Fall, but Gradually - August 22, 2014
- Mobile Banking Gains in Popularity, ABA Finds - August 21, 2014
- Foreclosure, Delinquency Rates Drop in June - August 21, 2014
- Boys, Girls Not Prepared Equally for Financial Futures - August 19, 2014
- Peer-to-Peer Lending Makes Inroads in Bank Markets - August 18, 2014
- Single-Family House Sales See Slight Lift in July - August 15, 2014
- Consumer Optimism Tracks Price of Gasoline at Pump - August 15, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.