LISBON, Ohio -- Bob Crosser thought working 42 years as an Ohio Edison troubleshooter was enough, so in 2011 he chose to retire and spend his time tending the horses he raises on a farm along U.S. Route 30 here.
But a recent turn of fortune might also have factored in his decision.
NILES, Ohio -- The Ohio Department of Natural Resources has lifted its suspension on one of the two American Water Management Services injection wells in Weathersfield Township, the agency announced Thursday.
In a prepared statement, ODNR spokeswoman Bethany McCorkle said that after analyzing data in the wake of a 2.1 magnitude earthquake that occurred in late August, the agency determined that the shallower well – AWMS #1 -- was not related to any seismic activity.
HARRISBURG, Pa. -- The Department of Environmental Protection today announced it has signed a wide-ranging consent order and agreement with Range Resources Corp. for violations at six of its Washington County impoundments.
The consent order requires the company to pay a $4.15 million fine, the largest against an oil and gas operator in the state's shale drilling era, close five impoundments and upgrade two other impoundments to meet heightened "next generation" standards under development at DEP.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The state's chief geologist says that the future of oil and gas exploration across Ohio might rest with improved technology and other shale plays that appear to have the same sort of rich organic content as the Utica/Point Pleasant shale, today a focal point of the industry.
"We're investigating the Rhinestreet shale and the Huron shale," said Tom Serenko, Ohio state geologist, Tuesday. "If you look at the cores, you see the similarities to the Point Pleasant. We're dealing with very dark, organic-rich shale."
- Pa. Fines Range Resources $4.5M for Impoundments - September 18, 2014
- Ohio's Chief Geologist Discusses Drilling Prospects - September 17, 2014
- Drilling Down September 12, 2014 - September 12, 2014
- Esmark to Convert Mill to Tri-Modal Terminal - September 12, 2014
- Hilcorp’s Carbon Limestone Wells Show Good Results - September 10, 2014
- 2Q Utica Production of Oil, Natural Gas Soars in Ohio - September 9, 2014
- American Water Cooperates as 2 Wells Remain Closed - September 9, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.