YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The Ohio Department of Natural Resources issued 17 new horizontal permits for oil and gas exploration in the Utica/Point Pleasant shale formation during the week of Sept. 21, the agency reports.
All but one of the permits issued were located at sites in the southern tier of the play, where wells have generally yielded more lucrative production results.
Antero Resources Corp., based in Denver, received the most permits with eight last week, ODNR reported. Six of those permits are for wells in Monroe County and two were for wells in Noble County.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Aubrey McClendon, president of American Energy Partners LP, has hired a former executive from his old company, Chesapeake Energy Corp., to run American Energy's Utica and Marcellus shale operations.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- A sizable and growing portion of the economic benefits from unconventional oil and gas development in the United States is being felt by a diverse group of industries that support oil and gas producers, according to a new study by IHS, a Colorado-based provider of business information and analytics.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Oil and gas exploration in Columbiana County is gaining renewed momentum in the wake of positive production results from this area of the Utica shale.
Two weeks after the Ohio Department of Natural Resources released second quarter production numbers that showed favorable output from wells in Columbiana County, two energy companies appear to be stepping up interest there.
- Shale Supply Chain Jobs to Grow 45% by 2025 - September 25, 2014
- Drilling Interest Again Rises in Columbiana County - September 24, 2014
- Too Many Hotel Rooms Built in Marcellus Play? - September 22, 2014
- Shale Gas Royalties Flowing in Columbiana County - September 20, 2014
- Drilling Down September 19, 2014 - September 19, 2014
- ODNR Lifts Ban on Weathersfield Well No. 1 - September 19, 2014
- Pa. Fines Range Resources $4.5M for Impoundments - September 18, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.