AKRON, Ohio -- FirstEnergy Corp. has completed a new 3.5-mile, 138-kilovolt transmission line in its Ohio Edison territory to serve a Pennant Midstream natural gas processing plant in Springfield Township in Mahoning County, it announced Thursday.
The utility described the project as one aspect of its efforts to support the growing shale gas industry in Ohio.
The nearly $3 million project replaces the temporary equipment installed earlier and allows for expansion at the plant.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Eclipse Resources Corp. reported Monday that two well pads recently placed into commission in Ohio's Utica shale are pumping gas at a combined rate of 52.6 million cubic feet per day.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- American Energy Utica LLC, a division of Oklahoma City-based American Energy Partners LP, was awarded six new permits to drill horizontal wells in eastern Ohio's Utica shale play last week, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
The company, founded last year by former Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon, secured all six permits for sites in Harrison County, records show. Four of the wells are slated for the Cravat Coal pad, while two others are targeted for the Triplett FRK pad.
- American Energy Steps Up Utica Permitting - October 22, 2014
- Drilling Down October 17, 2014 - October 17, 2014
- ODNR Issues 14 Permits for Utica Wells - October 17, 2014
- Chesapeake Sells Marcellus, Utica Acres to Southwestern - October 16, 2014
- Uptick in Natural Gas Production with Pipelines - October 16, 2014
- Drilling Down October 10, 2014 - October 10, 2014
- Shell Plant Not the Only Cracker in the Pipeline - October 10, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.