COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Two environmental watchdog groups, Fresh Water Accountability Project and Food & Water Watch, filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Gov. John R. Kasich and the director of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, claiming 23 frack waste operations were illegally authorized to operate.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Hilcorp Energy Co., the most active driller in the northern tier of the Utica shale in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, is poised to begin aggressive development of its leasehold acreage in the Brinker storage field of Columbiana County.
Data provided by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources show that Hilcorp recently applied for 25 new horizontal well permits that target three sites in Fairfield Township in the northern section of the county.
ODNR approved six of those permits Nov. 13 and 14, the agency reported. The other 19 are pending.
SALINEVILLE, Ohio -- Board members from the Jefferson County Educational Service Center, Southern Local Schools and the Utica Shale Academy got a first-hand look Tuesday at the new conversion school that's preparing students for a future in the oil and gas industry.
- Educators Tour New Utica Shale Academy - November 19, 2014
- Drilling Down November 14, 2014 - November 15, 2014
- Shell Execs Update Public on Its Cracker Plant Project - November 14, 2014
- OEPA Hearing Nov. 18 on Proposed Gas Pipeline - November 11, 2014
- Shell to Purchase Horsehead Site for Cracker Plant - November 8, 2014
- Drilling Down November 7, 2014 - November 7, 2014
- Hilcorp Resumes Permitting Activity in Northern Utica - November 5, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.