YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Hilcorp Energy Co., the most active driller in Mahoning County, has received six new permits for wells in Mercer County, Pa., according to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.
The DEP awarded two horizontal permits for new wells in Jefferson Township on the Jefferson McGhee pad and four new vertical permits at the same site.
Often, a vertical permit is issued before a horizontal permit is approved by the DEP.
No new permits were issued in Lawrence County last week, records show.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The proposed sale of Houston-based Valerus' field solutions business line to an international engineering group isn't likely to affect a partnership the company secured last year with Brilex Industries, its CEO says.
"Our anticipation is that the partnership will continue and grow and prosper," said Pete Lane, CEO of Valerus, during a conference call Monday.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Former Chesapeake Energy Corp. Chairman and CEO Aubrey McClendon is moving forward with exploration efforts in Utica shale, an energy play that he once dubbed the "biggest thing to hit Ohio since the plow."
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources awarded McClendon's new company, American Energy Utica LLC, five horizontal well permits Nov. 26 that allows oil and gas exploration on the Jones property in Nottingham Township, Harrison County.
- Drilling Down Dec. 6, 2013 - December 6, 2013
- CNG Fuel Station Going Up at Dearing Compressor - December 6, 2013
- Development of Utica Shale Outpaces Other Plays - November 29, 2013
- One Gas Processing Plant Chills, the Other Boils - November 23, 2013
- Drilling Down Nov. 22, 2013 - November 22, 2013
- Research Collaborative Finds Shale Jobs Exaggerated - November 21, 2013
- New Poll Shows Plurality Supports Hydraulic Fracturing - November 21, 2013
Copyright 2013 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark Consulting.