PULASKI Township, Pa. -- Those who dismiss the prospects of oil and natural gas in the northern tier of the Utica shale need only travel along High Hill Road in Pulaski Township in Lawrence County, Pa.
There, along a quarter-mile stretch of mostly tree-lined countryside, pipeline and horizontal well development is very much alive in this section of the Utica, just across the Ohio state line from northeastern Mahoning County.
NEW YORK -- California officials have ordered an emergency shut-down of 11 oil and gas waste injection sites and a review more than 100 others in the state's drought-wracked Central Valley out of fear that companies may have been pumping fracking fluids and other toxic waste into drinking water aquifers there.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- BP America, which announced in April it would pull up stakes in the Utica and place its leasehold acres up for sale in Trumbull and Mahoning counties (READ STORY), received a permit last week to plug and abandon its Jewett 1H well in Johnston Township in Trumbull County, according to data from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Thomas F. Farrell II, president and CEO of Dominion, is among the speakers slated for the Youngstown Ohio Utica Natural Gas 2014 Conference & Expo, scheduled for Sept. 10-11 at the Covelli Centre.
Other speakers planned for Young 2014, which is presented by the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber, include a representative of VAM USA, the chamber announced today. Gov. John Kasich and Sheng-Chun Lin, chairman of CPC Corp. in Taiwan, have been invited to appear as well.
- BP Seeks Permits to Plug Trumbull Utica Wells - July 17, 2014
- Dominion CEO to Address Chamber’s Young 2014 - July 16, 2014
- Consol Energy Steps on the Gas in Southern Utica - July 15, 2014
- Concord Energy to Open Parkersburg Transload Facility - July 14, 2014
- Drilling Down July 11, 2014 - July 11, 2014
- ODNR Releases 1st Quarter Well Production Numbers - July 9, 2014
- Pa. Spends $49.8M on Housing in Marcellus Region - July 9, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.