WARREN, Ohio -- The Center for Medical Weight Loss, a national network of physicians focused on weight loss, opened its newest center this month at 4681 Mahoning Ave. VAYDA Medical Weight Loss isunder the direction of Dr. Zachary Veres, a board-certified family medicine physician focused on medical weight loss.
AKRON, Ohio -- The Summa Health System Board of Directors announced the appointment Monday of Dr. Thomas Malone as its new president and CEO. Malone ‘s appointment takes effect Jan. 1. He replaces longtime Summa CEO Tom Strauss who is retiring at year’s end.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Northside Medical Center is one of 42 hospitals in Ohio to be recognized as a “2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, an accreditor of health-care organizations in the United States.
The recognition was announced by ValleyCare Health System of Ohio, corporate parent of Northside Medical Center.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The reactions range from caution to confusion among companies as they prepare for the new rules and regulations that take effect next year under the Affordable Care Act, say area insurance brokers who deal mostly with corporate clients.
“The mandates are a mess on the employers,” says Brad White, CEO of the Tartan Companies, Boardman. “Regulations are the biggest issue right now and it’s all about trying to stay compliant.”
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- A Canfield physician and a Youngstown State University professor will jointly conduct a clinical drug study funded by a global pharmaceutical firm, YSU Interim Provost Martin Abraham announced Wednesday.
At a press event at YSU, Abraham presented Erdal Sarac, M.D., medical director at the Centers for Dialysis Care in Canfield, and Jane Wetzel, Ph.D., assistant professor of physical therapy at YSU.
- Business Becomes More Wary of Affordable Care Act - November 13, 2014
- YSU, Canfield Physician to Conduct Drug Trial Study - November 13, 2014
- Affordable Care Act Has Healthy Effect on Hospitals - November 12, 2014
- HMHP Becomes Mercy; Affiliates Adopt New Names - November 10, 2014
- CHCC to Cease Operating 2 Nursing Homes Dec. 31 - November 7, 2014
- Community Health Systems Revenues Up 51% - November 4, 2014
- Akron Children’s Adds Specialty Services in Warren - November 3, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.