WASHINGTON -- Ohio ranks 33rd among the states in the excise taxes it imposes on beer, 11th in taxes on distilled spirits and 38th in taxes on wine, the Tax Institute reports. It bases those rankings on information supplied by the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States.
The Tax Foundation is a conservative think tank in Washington, D.C., that monitors taxes and rates of taxation at the national, state and municipal levels.
Ohio imposes a tax of 18 cents per gallon of beer, $9.84 per gallon of hard liquor and 32 cents per gallon of wine sold in the state.
WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio 13, announced today that he will introduce in the House of Representatives the Combating Military Sexual Assault Act of 2013. The bill will address gaps within current law and policy, and build upon the steps recently taken by the Department of Defense and the individual services.
Ryan made his intentions known following a meeting today at the White House with Valerie Jarrett, senior assistant to the President Obama, and Tina Tchen, chief of staff to Michelle Obama.
WASHINGTON -- A newly released report outlining vulnerabilities in U.S. security and the national defense supply network due to overreliance on foreign suppliers for critical defense materials will have a “huge impact” on shifting the conversation, U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan says.
Ryan, D-13 Ohio, joined retired U.S. Army Brig. Gen. John Adams, president of Guardian Six Consulting; U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-5 Ala., and Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing, yesterday to discuss the new report, Remaking American Security.
- Anti-Fracking Charter Amendment Defeated - May 8, 2013
- Bipartisan Praise for US Steel's Lorain Announcement - May 3, 2013
- Johnson to Address Energy Policy at Chamber Event - May 1, 2013
- Insurance Program Saves Ohioans $5M, Lt. Gov. Says - April 25, 2013
- Congressman Ryan Marries Andrea Zetts in New York - April 22, 2013
- Quinnipiac Poll Finds Kasich in Good Shape for 2014 - April 18, 2013
- Ohio Petroleum Council Applauds Pipeline Vote - April 18, 2013
Copyright 2013 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark Consulting.