MARIETTA, Ohio – U.S. Rep. Bill Johnson, R-6 Ohio, will host a “Christmas Coffee with Bill” at his Salem district office, 192 E. State St., at 10 a.m. Monday.
The casual event, announced Friday afternoon by Johnson’s office, is a come-and-go opportunity for constituents to visit and speak directly with the congressman. No RSVP or pre-registration is required.
WASHINGTON -- A confirmation hearing is scheduled for Dec. 17 on former Youngstown Mayor Jay Williams’ nomination to head the Economic Development Administration in the U.S. Commerce Department.
The U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works will consider President Obama’s nomination of Williams to serve as assistant secretary of commerce for economic development at the hearing, scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
Williams, who endorsed Obama early in the 2008 primaries and campaigned on his behalf, said he is unable to comment on the confirmation process.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan, D-13 Ohio, appeared on MSNBC’s Ed Show Tuesday evening and blasted Republicans for setting a 2014 schedule for the House of Representatives that calls for just 114 days of in-session work in Washington, D.C.
- John Kennedy Inspired, Understood Mahoning Valley - November 22, 2013
- Ryan Calls for Health Insurers to Disclose Options - November 20, 2013
- Portman: Playing Field Leveled for Manufacturer - November 18, 2013
- Mayor-elect McNally Seeks Resumes for Top City Jobs - November 13, 2013
- Ryan Proposes Legislation to Expand Veterans' Care - November 11, 2013
- Ohio Dems Urge Lockheed to Keep Akron Plant - November 8, 2013
- Portman Grills Sebelius over Health Care Rollout - November 7, 2013
Copyright 2013 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark Consulting.