YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan and his wife are discussing how their family is going to live on $154 for a week.
Ryan and his wife, Andrea, are taking part in the Live the Wage Challenge, attempting to get by for a week on the amount of money a minimum wage-earner would typically have over after taking care of basic living expenses.
WASHINGTON -- To call attention to the plight of those living on the minimum wage, former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland and U.S. Reps. Tim Ryan, Jan Schakowsky and Keith Ellison will attempt to live on it for a week.
Next week will mark five years since the federal minimum wage was last increased, noted Ryan’s office in announcing the challenge.
LORDSTOWN, Ohio -- Trade and energy are among the issues that can be addressed at the federal level to help make U.S. auto manufacturers such as General Motors Co. more competitive, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman said Friday.
Following a tour of GM’s Lordstown complex, Portman, R-Ohio, hailed the efforts of workers and management as well as GM’s “cutting edge” technology. “Right now everybody is working as a team and that team is producing a world-class car in a world-class production facility,” he declared.
CLEVELAND -- U.S. Reps. Tim Ryan, D-13, and Marcia L. Fudge, D-11, today announced legislation that establishes a five-year demonstration project to expand cost-effective, community-based treatment options to address the heroin/opiate epidemic. The Breaking Addiction Act of 2014 (CLICK HERE) was introduced by Fudge and co-sponsored by Ryan.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Failing to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank will harm the ability of U.S. companies -- particularly small businesses -- to get their products into foreign markets, warns U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
- Reps Sponsor Bill to Curb Heroin, Opiate Epidemic - July 18, 2014
- Brown, Manufacturer Urge Support for Ex-Im Bank - July 17, 2014
- Brown Testifies Vallourec 'Struggling' to Compete - July 16, 2014
- Officials Applaud Commerce Ruling on OCTG Dumping - July 14, 2014
- Portman to ‘Take a Look’ at 2016 Presidential Run - July 11, 2014
- Cleveland Selected as Site for 2016 GOP Convention - July 8, 2014
- 122 Bridges in Valley Are 'Structurally Deficient' - July 7, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.