YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Ohio Arts Council has announced more than $160,00 in grants awarded to projects in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. Two of the projects are in Trumbull County and 10 are in Mahoning County.
Two grants totaling $7,978 were awarded to Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership. The projects they will support are Warren Occupied, which will turn a vacant house into a temporary art gallery, and the Art Stops program, which creates public art that doubles as bike racks.
A $4,869 grant to the Warren Symphony Society and Warren Phulharmonic Orchestra will fund a children’s concert at Lakeview High School in November.
In Mahoning County, grants were awarded to:
- Butler Institute of American Art for $77,036
- Youngstown Symphony Society for $28,452
- Ballet Western Reserve for $13,992
- McDonough Museum of Art for $11,736
- Altrusa International Foundation of Youngstown for $3,457
- Opera Western Reserve for $3,457
- Stambaugh Chorus for $3,250
- Etruscan Press for $2,611
- Lit Youngstown for $1,258
- Youngstown CityScape for $746
“Thanks to the Ohio governor and legislature’s prioritization of arts funding in the state budget, the Ohio Arts Council continues to invest in Ohio’s creative economy,” Ohio Arts Council Exeuctive Director Donna Collins in a release announcing $12 million in grants statewide.
“With these awards, Ohio’s arts sector will engage our citizens, undertake innovative projects and lead our state to a bright, shared future.”
Copyright 2018 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.