Cement Masons Seek Applications for Apprenticeships
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Cement Masons & Plasterers Local #179 Joint Apprenticeship Program is accepting applications for its upcoming class of apprentices.
Upon completion of the program, the current pay for journeyman cement finishers is $29.30 per hour plus $18 per hour in benefits.
If selected, apprentices must complete a minimum of 144 hours of classroom training per year for three years. All training is provided at no cost to the apprentice.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Age 18 years or older
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Physically capable of performing work of the trade
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Applicants must submit the following items with their application:
- Photocopy of high school transcript or GED test scores
- Military service certificate of completion (DD-214), if applicable
- Photocopy of driver’s license
An aptitude test may be administered at the time the application is submitted or scheduled at a later date during the application process.
Deadline for submissions is Nov. 17. Completed applications can be returned by mail to Cement Masons Local #179 JATC, P.O. Box 488, Vienna, OH 44743. They can be submitted in person from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday at the Cement Masons Union Hall, 5204 Mahoning Ave., Suite 108.
Additional information is available here.
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.