Free ‘Intro to Manufacturing’ Training for 30 Adults
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Trumbull Career and Technical Center and the Mahoning County Career and Technical Center are offering 30 adults an opportunity to earn six manufacturing credentials at no charge.
Each school has 15 spots available for a six-week “Intro to Manufacturing” program that begins July 13. The cost of the course, valued at $3,000, will be underwritten by with grand funding, said Katie Foster, sector partnership coordinator for the Oh-Penn Manufacturing Collaborative.
The Oh-Penn Collaborative, which includes the Mahoning Valley Manufacturers Coalition, is a partner in the “Intro to Manufacturing” program.
During the six-week course, participants have the opportunity to:
- Receive guidance from a career coach and develop a personal career plan
- Develop workplace and personal skills through manufacturing-related learning.
- Enter into a career pathway and succeed in skilled manufacturing production.
- Gain the basic skills for entry into more advanced manufacturing skill training.
- Complete mock interviews with local manufacturers and get real-time feedback.
Students who successfully complete the program will earn six manufacturing credentials that prepare them for an entry-level manufacturing job.
For more information, contact TCTC at 330 847 0503 or MCCTC at 330 729 4100
Copyright 2018 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.