YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The GPD Group Employees’ Foundation this week awarded more than $30,000 in grants to six area organizations. The recipients were selected from applications received during the grant cycle ending Jan. 13.
GPD employees established the GPD Group Employees’ Foundation Inc. to enrich the K-12 public education experience and support children with medical and special needs in communities where the firm works.
GPD is an employee-owned architecture and engineering firm that employs 540 design professionals. The company is headquartered in Akron and operates a satellite office here.
GPD has awarded nearly $515,000 nationwide to over 130 organizations.
Grants were awarded to these area organizations:
- Crown Theater Productions, Columbiana: $5,000 for summer drama camps and special need camps, to offer two of each camp in 2017.
- Homes For Kids of Ohio Inc., Youngstown: $4,500 for a therapy room redesign, to create a therapeutic and child-friendly environment for foster children and behavioral health clients.
- Inspiring Minds, Warren: $5,000 for the educational enrichment component to provide after-school and summer programs for K-12 students.
- Lakeview Local Schools: $3,100 to provide charging stations and carts for classroom mobile wireless devices for grades K-3.
- Lakeview High School: $5,000 for Full STEAM Ahead: space for makers to share resources and staff.
- Lordstown Local Schools: $7,500 for the district’s Innovation Center.
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.