YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Association of Fundraising Professionals Mahoning-Shenango Chapter will honor seven individuals, two companies and one nonprofit at the 27th Valley’s National Philanthropy Day Awards.
The honorees in the seven categories will be recognized during an awards luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 17 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center, Boardman.
The Mahoning/Shenango AFP Chapter consists of 60 members who are active fundraising professionals for various nonprofit organizations, schools and hospitals.
The categories and honorees are:
- Outstanding Philanthropist — Mr. & Mrs. Reed Schmutz
- Outstanding Corporate Philanthropist — Boak & Sons, Inc.
- Outstanding Small Business Philanthropist — Jet Creative
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group — All Good Things Thrift Shoppe
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Ms. Samie Winick
- Legacy Award — Mr. and Mrs. Rand and Eleanor Becker
- Valley Impact Award — Mr. and Mrs. Roger and Gloria Jones
Tickets are $35 and should be purchased by Nov. 10. Payments may be made to Association of Fundraising Professionals and mailed to P.O. Box 672 Youngstown, OH 44501. For program advertising, contact Landis Erwin by Oct. 31 at 330 744 8451 or Lerwin@youngstowndiocese.org.
For additional details about the event, contact Julia Pisansky at 330 314 3228 or chapter’s website.
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.