TMH Foundation Awards $30K in Scholarships
WARREN, Ohio — The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation yesterday awarded $3,000 scholarships to 10 Trumbull County residents who are pursuing careers in health care.
The $30,000 in awards matches the most ever provided by the foundation.
The foundation provides grants to initiatives that advance the health of Trumbull County residents, as well as scholarships to future health-care professionals. With assets of more than $13 million, the foundation is the successor to the Trumbull Memorial Hospital Foundation, which was created by the hospital in 1976. Since 2012, the foundation has operated separately from the hospital as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley.
The scholarship winners were chosen through an application process that considered students’ academic achievement, career plans and extracurricular activities.
This year’s recipients are:
- Breanna Bucco, 2015 graduate, Lakeview High School, nursing, Kent State University.
- Adam Butler, 2015 graduate, Harding High School, pre-medicine, Baldwin Wallace College.
- Alexis Eddy, 2015 graduate, Kennedy High School, pre-medicine, John Carroll University.
- Danielle Ford, 2014 graduate, Badger High School, nursing, University of Cincinnati.
- Choniece Phillips, 2014 graduate, Harding, pre-pharmacy at Duquesne University.
- Adrianna Reese, 2015 graduate, Mineral Ridge High School, speech pathology, Geneva College.
- Tara Schuster, 2015 graduate, Liberty High School, nursing, Ohio University.
- Monica VanCure, 2015 graduate, Champion High School, nursing, University of Akron.
- Olivia Woods, 2015 graduate, Harding, chemistry, Miami University (Ohio).
- Lulie Zalar, 2015 graduate, Champion, physical therapy, Slippery Rock University.
“We’re thrilled to help these Trumbull County residents take the first step toward careers in health care,” said Patrick K. Wilson, chairman of the health foundation and a lawyer with Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell. “Our hospitals, research facilities and other healthcare organizations need good people today and will continue to need them in the future.”
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.