YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley is administering scholarships for both high school and college students in Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
Application deadlines for scholarships are March 1.
Each scholarship is offered by a component fund of the Community Foundation, benefiting students in varying courses of study from nursing and healthcare to environmental education.
Component funds of the Community Foundation scholarships are:
- The Athena Scholarship Fund
- The C.M. (Jerry) Collins Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Melinda Henning Scholarship Fund
- The Jean Rider Scholarship Fund
- The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation
- The Warren City Schools Foundation Scholarship Funds
- The Woman’s Board of Youngstown Scholarship Fund
The Jean Rider Scholarship assists students who have Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes, while the Athena Scholarship is awarded to a female student demonstrating initiative and excellence in her education, work and community service efforts. The Melinda Henning Scholarship assists students studying natural resources, interpretation, environmental education parks and recreation and/or environmental studies.
For more information on the scholarships, including guidelines and applications, go to CFMV.org.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.