Eleven YSU Students Complete Export Program
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Eleven business students in the Youngstown State University Williamson College of Business Administration and one from the University of Akron were recognized for completing the Ohio Export Internship Program at YSU.
The program is a partnership between the Ohio Department of Development and four Ohio universities. Students complete export focused coursework and a paid full-time summer internship with an Ohio company.
“The Ohio Export Internship Program provides our students with exceptional career-related work experience, assists companies in expanding their exporting activity, and leads to employment upon graduation,” said Betty Jo Licata, dean of the Williamson College. “This is an innovative program, that involves our students in making a positive economic impact in our state. We are proud to partner with the Ohio Department of Development on this.”
This year’s YSU participants and their internship hosts included:
- Abraham Abdel Rasoul – Malco Products Inc.
- Emily Allegretti – ACE Products & Consulting LLC.
- Sydney Cusick – E-Tint LLC.
- Mouad Elouaddi – Orazen Extruded Polymers Inc.
- Ilgar Guliyev – Daavlin Distributing Co.
- Bashar Rasoul – Express Systems and Parts Network Inc.
- Cooper Smith – BriskHeat Inc.
- Cassandra Tomlin – T.J. Davies Company Inc.
- Olivia Wilcox – Brilex Tech Services Inc.
- Allison Workman – Columbiana Boiler Company LLC.
- Hunter Ulbright – Haltec Corporation.
- Alyson Pekkola, University of Akron, – Safeguard Technology.
The students worked on a variety of projects related to emerging market and target country research, industry research, NAICS codes, trade show research and e-commerce platforms.
“I loved the Ohio Export Internship Program. I had the opportunity to work with Craig Wilson, BriskHeat’s senior marketing manager, on global business initiatives.” said intern Cooper Smith, a senior Marketing Management major. Smith will join BriskHeat Inc. full-time in summer 2022 as the Domestic and International Marketing research coordinator.
One of the 12 students, Cassandra Tomlin, passed the Certified Global Business Professional Certificate in September. Eight interns either were offered an extension through December, or received a full-time job offer.
Mousa Kassis, director of the Export Assistance Network in the Ohio Small Business Development Center at YSU, is the instructor for the course and the director of the YSU-OEIP.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.