- Researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
- Produce video packages and also willing to appear live on camera.
Education & Experience
- B.A. in journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy required.
- Active contacts in Mahoning and Shenango Valley.
- Active on social media platforms.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Strong AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various digital platforms.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Proof of insurance and liability coverage.
- Commensurate with Experience.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)