Paul McCartney Will Induct Foo Fighters into Rock Hall
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Paul McCartney will induct the Foo Fighters at this year’s Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
The Hall on Monday revealed an initial list of presenters and performers who will take the stage during the 36th annual induction on Oct. 30 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. Limited tickets are on sale now at Rockhall.com.
The initial lineup of special guests includes:
- Angela Bassett inducting Tina Turner, with performances by Christina Aguilera, Mickey Guyton, H.E.R. and Bryan Adams.
- Taylor Swift inducting Carole King, with performances by Taylor Swift and Jennifer Hudson.
- Drew Barrymore inducting the Go-Gos.
- Paul McCartney inducting Foo Fighters, led by Dave Grohl.
- Lionel Richie inducting Clarence Avant for the Ahmet Ertegun Award.
The ceremony will honor this year’s inductees: Tina Turner, Carole King, The Go-Gos, JAY-Z, Foo Fighters and Todd Rundgren in the Performer category; Kraftwerk, Charley Patton and Gil Scott-Heron for Early Influence; LL Cool J, Billy Preston and Randy Rhoads for Musical Excellence, and Clarence Avant for the Ahmet Ertegun Award.
The Ceremony will air Nov. 20 on HBO and stream on HBO Max alongside a radio simulcast on SiriusXM Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio (310) and Volume (106).
Pictured: Foo Fighters (courtesy of Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame).
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.