YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The Mahoning-Shenango chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is accepting nominations for the 2013 National Philanthropy Day Awards.
This year’s luncheon ceremony will mark the 23rd year of the awards in the Valley. It is set for Nov. 15 at Antone’s Banquet Center in Boardman.
BOARDMAN, Ohio – Boak & Sons received the highest honor the Mahoning Valley Safety Council can bestow, the Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award, at the council’s annual safety awards luncheon Wednesday.
In his brief remarks of acceptance, owner Sam Boak gave all the credit to his workforce. As Claudia Kovach, daughter of the woman for whom the award is named, was presenting the trophy, waiters were passing out dessert -- slices of cake with clear plastic forks stuck in the icing.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- The 15th annual Summer Festival of the Arts, scheduled for July 13 and 14 at and around Youngstown State University, is seeking volunteers.
Help is needed with artist registration, information booths, in the children's hands-on art tent, technical assistance at performance sites and at the Festival of Nations international area, among others.
- Camp Fitch Seeks Alumni Memories for Centennial - May 15, 2013
- Wean Foundation Releases Capacity-Building Schedule - May 15, 2013
- Harness Race to Give Young Horses a Tryout - May 14, 2013
- YSU Sustainable Energy Forum Set for June 3, 4 - May 13, 2013
- Packard Museum Gets $25K from Delphi Foundation - May 13, 2013
- March for Babies is May 19 on YSU Campus - May 13, 2013
- Trade Group Honors Ohio Commerce Center Project - May 10, 2013
Copyright 2013 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark Consulting.