YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Mahoning County Land Bank and its 12 community partners took down 308 houses though the Moving Ohio Forward demolition grant program by the program’s deadline today, Mahoning County Treasurer Dan Yemma, land bank chairman, reported.
The number of homes demolished using the grant funds, exceeded the land bank’s initial estimate of 275, he added.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Ohio Department of Natural Resources will hold open houses to discuss proposed abandoned mine land projects throughout Ohio. The meeting for the counties of Mahoning, Columbiana, Jefferson and Stark will take place Oct. 20 in Salem.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- A new tenant was approved Thursday to occupy the city-owned 20 Federal Place food court, action that comes a week before the city deadline for proposals to buy the property.
The city’s Board of Control approved a lease agreement with New Seasonings Nutritional Services, Youngstown, doing business as New Seasonings Café, for 640 square feet of space in the food court. Bo Willie’s Soul Food had occupied the slot, vacant for about eight months.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – MidAmerican Global Ventures LLC announced Thursday that it has entered into a “strategic marketing partnership agreement” with the Mahoning Valley Economic Development Corp., Liberty Township, to promote EB-5 financing for job-creating projects in the Mahoning Valley.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Tim Ryan says he loves to eat. Like many of us, he starts every week vowing to abstain from junk food, make better nutrition choices and control what he calls his "addiction" to chicken wings and ice cream.
But like all Americans, Ryan and his family often are held captive by a food system that profits from tax dollars that make “fake food cheaper” and consumers sicker, he writes in his new book, The Real Food Revolution.
- MVEDC Forms Partnership to Aid Foreign Investment - September 25, 2014
- Ryan's New Book Calls for 'Real Food Revolution' - September 24, 2014
- US Ranks 19th in Number of Citizens Online - September 24, 2014
- Youngstown Unemployment Rate Drops 3 Points in Year - September 23, 2014
- Ohio Adds More Online Business Services - September 19, 2014
- Table Games at Pa. Casinos Gross $66.4M in August - September 18, 2014
- Matalco Breaks Ground for $125M Lordstown Plant - September 18, 2014
Copyright 2014 Youngstown Publishing Co. DBA The Business Journal
Developed by Tyler Clark.