$2M from ODOT Will Assist WRTA Projects
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Western Reserve Transit Authority has been awarded over $2 million in grants from an Ohio Department of Transportation program for projects that will benefit riders in Mahoning and Trumbull County.
Funding from ODOT’s Ohio Transit Partnership Program, which provides state funds to rural and urban transit systems, will go toward the following projects:
- Parking lot rehabilitation at WRTA’s Mahoning Avenue garage.
- Maintenance shop upgrades.
- Fixed Route Light Transit Vehicle buses for expansion.
- Trumbull County Fixed Route service.
- Trumbull County Paratransit service.
“We’re grateful to ODOT for providing the local share (matching) funds for our Mahoning County projects, which will be combined with federal government funding,” WRTA Executive Director Dean Harris said in a release. “In the case of Trumbull County, the OTP2 funds will allow the new services we initiated in March 2020 to continue through May of 2021.”
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.