5 YSU Business Students Named Beeghly Fellows
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Five business students from Youngstown State University’s Williamson College of Business Administration have been selected as the John D. Beeghly Fellows for the spring semester.
The Beeghly Fellows program provides students with a paid fellowship working with the Ohio Small Business Development Center at YSU. Projects include marketing research, preparation of financial statements, export readiness studies, country research, business plan development, cash flow analysis and sales forecast.
The program is made possible by an endowment established at the YSU Foundation by Beeghly’s wife and children. John David Beeghly was a lifelong resident and businessman in Youngstown, and son of area industrialist and philanthropist, Leon A. Beeghly. He served as vice president and director of Standard Slag Co. and Stancorp, Inc., a holding company for industrial businesses.
“We are extremely grateful to the John D. Beeghly Family for making this generous investment in our business students,” said Betty Jo Licata, WCBA dean. “Providing our students with career-related experience contributes to the success of our regional businesses and the professional preparation of our students.”
The Beeghly Fellows are:
- Mariah Carna, of New Wilmington, Pa., is a senior pursuing a degree in international business. This is Carna’s second semester as a Beeghly Fellow, where she works as an export assistance network intern. This past summer, she completed the Ohio Export Internship Program where she worked as an export specialist for Haltec Corp. She has studied abroad in London and participated in the Disney College Program.
- Alexis Madeline, of Boardman, is a senior information and supply chain management major with a minor in Marketing. She plans to graduate in May of 2018. In her second semester serving as a Beeghly Fellow, Madeline collaborates with local businesses to conduct market research and prepare financial projections, and also assists with government procurement projects.
- Alex Ankerman, of Poland, is a senior advertising and public relations major with a minor in marketing. This is Ankerman’s first semester serving as a Beeghly Fellow, where he assists local businesses and consultants with market research.
- Joseph Scott, of Cortland, is a senior accounting major. He currently works as a Beeghly Fellow intern, student assistant at the YSU Honors College, and is an accounting intern at Eastgate Regional Council of Governments.
- Mollie Donnelly, of Boardman, is a senior advertising and public relations major. This is her first semester as a Beeghly Fellow, where she is doing marketing research for area businesses, as well as government procurement projects.
SOURCE: YSU News Center
Pictured at top: Alexis Madeline, Alex Ankerman, Mariah Carna, Mollie Donnelly, and Joseph Scott.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.