898 Marketing Convenes Summer Class of Interns
CANFIELD, Ohio — 898 Marketing has developed and launched an internship program for seven college students and recent graduates to gain a first-hand experience in their field of study and assist with a variety of clients and projects.
The internships, offered as paid and college credit options, provide experience in three core competencies: marketing, creative design and social media, says Jeff Ryznar, president of the agency.
Marketing interns will gain experience with strategic development, creative concepts, research, market analysis, video production, account management and presentation skills. Creative design interns will develop logos, graphics, branding concepts, visual advertising collateral, and more. Social media interns will work on writing skills, and ways to use social media platforms to strategically engage, advertise and connect with consumers while telling stories for the clients.
“The Mahoning Valley is overflowing with passionate and talented young individuals who are looking for a place to apply the skills they have learned in school, while discovering, through real-world experiences, what their professional passion is in their young careers,” says Ryznar. “These internship opportunities will not only benefit our clients by bringing them new, fresh ideas from some of the brightest talents in the area, but also show these young professionals that they do not have to leave the Mahoning Valley to find exciting and rewarding career opportunities they hope to find for themselves.”
The inaugural internship program at 898 Marketing consists of the following individuals:
- Sadie Alesi is a graduate of Salem High School and will begin her senior year at Kent State University.
- Matt Daprile graduated from Cardinal Mooney High School and is enrolled at Ohio State University.
- Kayla Gossard will begin her senior year at Youngstown State University in the fall. She is a graduate of Springfield High School.
- Zachary Patton is a recent graduate of John Carroll University and a graduate of Ursuline High School.
- Ryan Peplowski will graduate from Youngstown State University in December and also is a graduate of Ursuline High School.
- Lizzie Philibin is a graduate of Cardinal Mooney High School and attends Ball State University.
- Katherine Vandegrift will graduate from Kent State University in May 2020. She’s a graduate of Howland High School.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.