America Makes Announces Project Call Worth $6.4M in Funding
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining and America Makes have announced a new open project call worth a total of $6.4M.
Funded by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering Manufacturing Technology Office and the Air Force Research Laboratory, the number of anticipated awards and maximum funding will vary depending on the topic area being addressed.
The request for proposal for the project call is separated into two documents:
- Open Project Call 2023 includes Topics 1 to 6, worth $1.2 million in federal funding.
- Methods and Approaches for Sustainable Additive Manufacturing Operations are addressed in Topics 7 and 8, worth $5.2 million in funding.
The six topical areas for the Open Project Call 2023 include:
- Topic 1: Design for Dimensional Inspection of Internal Features via In-Situ Process Monitoring.
- Topic 2: Thermal Manipulations for Processing Improvements.
- Topic 3: In-Process Sensor Calibration, Characterization Methods, and Operating Limits to Yield Reliable Process Data.
- Topic 4: Frameworks for Utilizing Process Monitoring in Conjunction with Ex-Situ Inspection for Qualification.
- Topic 5: AM Process Pre-Qualification.
- Topic 6: “Should vs. Could” Tool and Training.
The two topical areas for the Methods and Approaches for Sustainable Additive Manufacturing Operations include:
- Topic 7: Analysis of AM Sustainability and Environmental Benefits.
- Topic 8: Methods for Demonstrating Operational Qualification.
A virtual Technical Review & Exchange is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. July 27. Register HERE.
The membership eligibility deadline is Aug. 10 for those receiving federal funding (Topics 1 to 6) and for proposal lead (Topics 7 and 8). The submission deadline is 5 p.m. Aug. 25. Awards will be announced Sept. 25.
Full details and guidelines are available HERE.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.