Arnett Fund to Match Donations to Community Foundation of Mahoning Valley
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Thanks to a generous gift from the Arnett Family Fund, the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley will match all donations made to agency funds beginning today, Giving Tuesday, through the end of the year.
The Community Foundation houses operational and endowment funds for 34 local organizations across all sectors, from health care to history and education to entertainment. For every gift made to these funds by Dec. 31, the Arnett Family Fund will match the giving, dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000 per fund.
“We are so grateful that the Arnett Family Fund is directly supporting the capacity and long-term sustainability of the agencies under our umbrella,” says CFMV President Shari Harrell. “This donation match is a wonderful gift for both donors and the recipient organizations this Giving Tuesday.”
Agency funds, created by the nonprofit organizations, provide a steady source of income and support the organization’s long-term work, such as continued operations, special projects or capital improvements.
The Arnett Family Fund was created in 2018 by the estate of Diana R. Arnett and is the largest fund ever established at the Community Foundation. For Diana and her siblings, a philanthropic duty was instilled from an early age by her parents, who created trusts for the children. She left $9.5 million to the Community Foundation. Advised by Attorney Joseph Houser, a longtime friend of the Arnett family, the fund generally focuses on three areas: the arts, education and underserved populations in the Mahoning Valley.
Donations can be made online at cfmv.org/donate or by mailing a check to the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley, 201 E. Commerce St., Suite 150, Youngstown, Ohio 44503 with the agency fund’s name in the memo line.
The agency funds housed at the Community Foundation are:
- Mahoning County Saddle Horse 4-H Committee Endowment Fund
- Angels for Animals Endowment Fund
- Beatitude House Endowment Fund
- Big Reach Center for Hope Fund
- Doris Burdman Fund for Mental Health (COMPASS Family & Community Services)
- Youngstown CityScape Fund
- Community Living Endowment Fund
- Easter Seals Building Tomorrows Fund
- Youngstown Area Goodwill Industries Fund
- The William and Arden Farragher Endowment Fund for Help Hotline Crisis Center, Inc.
- Interfaith Home Maintenance Service Fund (Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corp.)
- Junior League of the Mahoning Valley Endowment Fund
- The Kiwanis Club of Youngstown Endowment Fund
- Meridian Community Care Endowment Fund
- Millcreek Children’s Center Fund
- Making Kids Count Endowment Fund
- Ohio North East Health Systems Endowment Fund (ONE Health Ohio)
- Opera Western Reserve Endowment Fund
- Potential Development Endowment Fund
- Joseph E. Scarvell Youth Threatre Endowment Fund (The Youngstown Playhouse)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley Fund
- Mary B. Smith Fund – Altrusa International of Youngstown, OH, Inc.
- Sojourner House Domestic Violence Program Fund (COMPASS Family & Community Services)
- Someplace Safe Endowment Fund
- W. Fenton Meredith Memorial Fund FBO St. James Meeting House (Boardman Park)
- Trumbull County Coaches Association Fund
- The Trumbull County Historical Society Operating Fund
- The Trumbull County Historical Society Agency Endowment Fund
- United Way of Trumbull County Endowment Fund
- Valley Community Mental Health Fund
- The Warren Civic Music Endowment Fund
- Youngstown Hearing & Speech Center Capital Fund
- Mahoning Valley College Access Program Fund
- Warren City Schools Foundation Fund
The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley describes its mission as a leader and advocate for strategic philanthropy, partnering with donors to anchor a permanent and growing endowment and making investments in the Mahoning Valley that improve the quality of life for all residents. It is the only local foundation with certification from the Community Foundation National Standards Board.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.