Cement Masons Seek Applications for Apprenticeships
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Cement Masons & Plasterers Local #179 Joint Apprenticeship Program is accepting applications for its upcoming class of apprentices.
Upon completion of the program, the current pay for journeyman cement finishers is $29.30 per hour plus $18 per hour in benefits.
If selected, apprentices must complete a minimum of 144 hours of classroom training per year for three years. All training is provided at no cost to the apprentice.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Age 18 years or older
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Physically capable of performing work of the trade
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Applicants must submit the following items with their application:
- Photocopy of high school transcript or GED test scores
- Military service certificate of completion (DD-214), if applicable
- Photocopy of driver’s license
An aptitude test may be administered at the time the application is submitted or scheduled at a later date during the application process.
Deadline for submissions is Nov. 17. Completed applications can be returned by mail to Cement Masons Local #179 JATC, P.O. Box 488, Vienna, OH 44743. They can be submitted in person from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday at the Cement Masons Union Hall, 5204 Mahoning Ave., Suite 108.
Additional information is available here.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.