The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley strives to be a leader and advocate for strategic philanthropy by partnering with donors to anchor a permanent and growing endowment and making investments in the Mahoning Valley that improve the quality of life for all residents. The Community Foundation is the only local foundation with certification from the Community Foundation National Standards Board.
Recap of our work
- Made $2,501,430 in competitive grants, distributions and agency/designated disbursements from CFMV funds
- All 12 CFMV board members worked closely with staff throughout the year in a comprehensive strategic planning process that included stakeholder input
- 7 new families, groups and organizations partnered with CFMV to open charitable funds for the Valley
- Continued support of the Healthy Community Partnership, our flagship community leadership initiative
- 3 staff were hired or joined the team as permanent members
- Supported our three affiliated foundations — The William Swanston Charitable Fund, Western Reserve Health Foundation and The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation — in making $1,518,651 in community grants
- Increased grantee support through financial workshops, the launch of a year-long Nonprofit Mentoring Program and sponsorship for several local nonprofit staff members to participate in Philanthropy Ohio’s capacity building series
- Leveraged $50,000 in matching dollars to help local agencies build their funds with us during our Giving Tuesday and Beyond Campaign
- Launched a new website with an expanded section for Impact Stories focused on our many partners carrying out direct service in the community each day
Read impact stories, learn about our strategic planning work, see CFMV’s new team members and much more at the expanded digital report on our website.