Concerts, Events Set at Amphitheater as Live Entertainment Returns
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – On the heels of the governor’s announcement that social distancing restrictions will be lifted June 2 comes a slew of outdoor concerts and events that are just in time for summer.
JAC Management Group today released the lineup for the Premier Bank Community Event Series at Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre and neighboring Wean Park. Concerts, festivals and outdoor movies are scheduled. Most of the events are free.
It represents a welcome return to doing what the promoter does best. After a year of not being allowed to present shows, JAC is busy booking shows again.
“After hearing Gov. Mike DeWine’s announcement Wednesday, we could not be more excited to reopen our facilities and return to doing the job that we love so much –entertaining the citizens of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley,” said Jordan Ryan, executive director of the amphitheater and Wean Park. “After a challenging year, we think the Premier Bank Community Event Series is uniquely suited to bring all members of our community together again.”
Derrick McDowell, community engagement coordinator for Wean Park, said the shows will provide variety.
“With this varied schedule of events, I believe we will see a wave of diversity in all of the new faces who plan to join us here at the amphitheater and Wean Park this summer,” he said.
The series, as always, emphasizes local performers and summer favorites. It will kick off June 19 at the amphitheater with the annual Juneteenth Celebration, presented by Loud 102.3, JAC Management Group and The City of Youngstown. The 7:30 p.m. event will feature spoken word performances, line dancing, a candlelight vigil and citywide prayer.
Here is the rest of the schedule:
- July 9: The film “42” will be screened as a special Friday edition of the Youngstown Summer Movie Series at the amphitheater. Admission is free. The movie tells the story of the signing of Jackie Robinson by the Brooklyn Dodgers, becoming the first Black player in Major League Baseball.
- July 17: Youngstown Wine and Jazz Festival, featuring Jazz in The Park, at The Amp. This event will be in the evening after the first day of the Summer Festival of the Arts at Wean Park. Go to TheYoungstownFoundationAmp.com for tickets.
- July 31: The Vindys in concert at The Amp. Go to The YoungstownFoundationAmp.com for tickets.
- Aug. 7: The 330 Show, presented by Loud 102.3 FM and featuring DJ Chip Banks, at The Amp. Go to TheYoungstownFoundationAmp.com for tickets.
- Aug. 13: Youngstown’s Night of Champions, a fireside chat and video footage presentation featuring Youngstown boxing legends Harry Arroyo, Jeff Lampkin, Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini, Kelly Pavlik and Greg Richardson. Admission is free.
In addition to the Premier Bank Community Event Series, Wean Park will again host the Youngstown Summer Movie Series. Admission is free, and movies start at 7 p.m. Here is the schedule:
- June 21: ”Captain Marvel” (2019).
- June 28: “Coco” (2017)
- July 5: “Do the Right Thing” (1989).
- July 9: “42” (2013).
- July 12: ”Wild Style” (1982).
- July 26: ”Moonrise Kingdom” (2012).
- Aug. 9: ”Addams Family Values (1993)
- Aug. 16: ”Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.