Farmers Bank Ranked a Top Employer in Ohio
CANFIELD, Ohio – Farmers National Bank has been ranked as one of the Best Employers in Ohio by the Ohio Society for Human Resource Management state council, Crain’s Cleveland Business and Best Companies Group.
The Canfield-based bank was ranked No. 18 on the groups’ list of employers with 250 or more employees.
“We are beyond thrilled to have our organization recognized as one of the best employers in the state. As a community bank, our work is ultimately about local people helping local people, said Farmers President and CEO Kevin J. Helmick in a statement. “We strongly believe that when you treat your own people well, your customers and the community benefit.”
The annual rankings are created by an evaluation of companies’ workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics, which account for 25% of the scoring, and responses from employee surveys, accounting for the remaining 75%.
In the large employer list, Farmers was the No. 3 bank in the state, behind Sandusky-based Civista Bank and First Merchants Bank, based in Muncie, Ind. Also making the list was HBK CPAs & Consultants, Canfield.
Founded in 1887, Farmers National Bank has more than $2 billion in banking assets and $1 billion trust assets.
Copyright 2019 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.