Flashback Minis: Idora Park Roller Coasters
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio– Youngstown’s Idora Park built its first roller coaster, a figure-eight toboggan slide, in 1902. The park would erect several more in its 85 years of being open to the public.
The 1902 coaster was replaced by the Firefly in the 1920s followed by the famous Wildcat. In 1914 a second coaster, the Dip-the-Dips, opened in the park’s southeast corner. It was built by the T. M. Harton Company of Pittsburgh. This coaster would be remodeled in the mid-1920s and renamed the Jack Rabbit.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.