Flashback Minis: Little Red Schoolhouse
POLAND, Ohio– The Little Red Schoolhouse in Poland Township was built in 1858 and served as the community’s one-room schoolhouse until 1915.
Over the next 60 years or so, the building would be used as a meeting place for various organizations and eventually fell into disrepair. The Poland Board of Education considered tearing the building down until in 1979 when the Poland Historical Society began in an effort to save the structure.
Renovations to the Little Red School House were completed in 1987. Today the Poland Board of Education is the only Board to own a one-room schoolhouse.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.