Former Salem Blanking Building Sold for $750K
SALEM, Ohio – The former Salem Blanking industrial building has been sold for $750,000, according to records from the Columbiana County Auditor’s office.
Records show Gano Land Development Co. purchased the land and 40,000-square-foot building on Jan. 10 from Master Parts Inc., of which Salem Blanking was a division. Master Parts purchased the building in 1996 for $500,000, records show.
According to records from the Ohio Secretary of State’s office Gano Land Development was first incorporated in 1986. Subsequent filings list David Gano as president of the company.
Gano Land Development also owns a building at 75 Elm Ave. in Salem, where TruCut Inc. maintains a manufacturing operation.
That parcel lists a taxpayer address for TruCut Inc. at 1145 Allied Dr. in Sebring, where the company operates an 85,000 square-foot manufacturing facility. The company also operates a distribution center in Alliance.
TruCut’s Salem operation is also located across the street from the newly acquired West State Street site. Calls to the owner seeking comment regarding their plans for the building were not returned as of this posting.
The company provides contract-manufacturing services mostly for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning, or HVAC, industry.
TruCut was established in 1968 as a tool and die manufacturer and then transitioned to serve the HVAC industry.
Copyright 2024 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.