Fund for Our Economic Future Elects 2 New Civic Members
CLEVELAND, Ohio – During its annual meeting on March 16, The Fund for Our Economic Future elected new civic members Deryck Toles of Warren and Marcus Madison of Elyria to its board.
Toles, who has a bachelor’s degree in business management from Penn State University, is an advocate for youth development. He founded the nonprofit organization Inspiring Minds nearly 18 years ago to provide after-school and summer programming to K-12 students.
Madison has more than 20 years of experience working in nonprofits, philanthropy and public health care. He currently serves as the community relations program manager for the Cleveland Clinic.
“Our first slate of civic members brought invaluable leadership and perspective to our board, materially improving how we work to advance an equitable economy,” said Bethia Burke, president of The Fund for Our Economic Future. “I am thrilled to welcome Marcus and Deryck to our civic network. Both are deeply connected to their respective local communities and see the value of connection and influence across the region.”
In addition to the civic member elections, the organization also elected several members of its executive committee for 2023, including:
- President Bethia Burke;
- Secretary Christine Mayer, president of the GAR Foundation;
- Treasurer and Finance Chair Denise Griggs of the Burton D. Morgan Foundation;
- At-Large Member Teresa LeGrair of the Akron Urban League;
- Communications, Member Engagement & Development Chair Tara Walker-Pollock of The Raymond John Wean Foundation;
- Nominating & Personnel Chair Vikki Broer of the Weathertop Foundation;
- Evaluation Chair Eric Clark of the Bruening Foundation.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.