Grand River Wineries Will Offer Ice Wine in March
GENEVA, Ohio – The annual Grand River Valley Ice Wine celebration will take place Wednesday through March 31 at seven wineries and distilleries.
Participating are the members of the Wine Growers of the Grand River Valley: Debonne Vineyards, Ferrante Winery and Ristorante, Grand River Cellars, Laurello Vineyards, Cask 307 Winery, South River Vineyards and Red Eagle Distillery.
For hotel packages and information, click HERE.
During March, visitors can sample ice wine – the seasonal delicacy of the Grand River viticultural area – at each location. The thick and sweet wine is made from frozen grapes that were left on the vine after the harvest and picked in the winter.
Each location will offer a sampling of their ice wine paired with an appetizer for $8 per person. Maps will be provided at location wineries to help patrons plan their route.
The tasting package will be available every day from noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays will be extra special with activities, vendors and live music at some locations.
Here is a look at what will be offered at each location:
- Debonne Vineyards, 7840 Doty Road, Madison, will feature its 2022 vidal blanc ice wine, 2000 Riesling ice wine and cherry bourbon ice wine, with an appetizer of jambalaya. There will be live music Friday and Saturday.
- Ferrante Winery, 5585 state Route 307 Geneva, will feature its 2021 vidal blanc ice wine and sparkling Moscato, with a fire and ice chicken meatball with sweet and spicy glaze. There will be live music Friday and Saturday.
- Grand River Cellars, 5750 S. Madison Road (state Route 528, Madison, will feature its 2020 vidal blanc ice wine, maple ice wine and port-style dessert wine, with a gnocchi and dried apricot, brown butter and sage appetizer. There will be live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Laurello Vineyards, 4573 state Route 307 Geneva, will feature its 2020 Simply Mad Habanero ice wine and 2021 vidal blanc ice wine, with a salted caramel or chocolate explosion ice cream appetizer. There will be live music Friday and Saturday.
- Cask 307 Winery, 7259 Warner Road, Madison, will feature its rose of vidal blanc ice wine and chardonnay, with a cinnamon scone appetizer. On Saturdays, it will take place at Debonne Vineyards.
- South River Vineyards, 6062 S. River Road, Geneva, will feature its 2022 concord ice wine and its 2019 blush ice wine, with an infused truffle appetizer.
- Red Eagle Distillery, 6202 S. River Road, Geneva, will feature its Planter’s Punch, with its 2021 vidal blanc ice wine and Red Eagle maple rum, and a smoked barbecue pulled pork taco with pickled slaw appetizer.
Pictured at top: Ice wine made by Grand River Valley wineries.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.