Leadership Mahoning Valley Kickoff Event Set for Sept. 28
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Leadership Mahoning Valley will formally introduce the 43 participants in the Class of 2024 at a kickoff breakfast at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Grand Resort in Warren.
The event is open to the public, and reservations can be made HERE or by calling 330 744 2131, ext. 1227.
After the event, the members of the Class of 2024 will stay for a two-day opening retreat, which will begin the 10-month program that concludes with Leadership Mahoning Valley’s annual meeting and graduation ceremony in June 2024.
“Upon completion of the program, these individuals will join the 1,200 Leadership Mahoning Valley alumni who have graduated from the program and gone on to serve our community in a variety of leadership roles,” said JoAnn Stock, executive director of Leadership Mahoning Valley.
Through the program, which includes a series of speakers, tours, hands-on activities and site visits, participants will gain knowledge of programs, services, businesses and institutions in the community.
Program days are centered around specific topics, such as History and Heritage of the Valley; Government and Public Service; Media and Communications; Health and Human Services; Education; Business, Labor and Economic Development; Housing and Community Development; Justice and Public Safety; and Quality of Life.
Participants will also take part in a DiSC Assessment, which is designed to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and others.
Members of the Class of 2024 are:
- Melissa Bateman, director of community engagement, Youngstown Area Jewish Federation.
- Reilly Berk, CEO, Berk Enterprises.
- Roxanne Bohach, director of career development and Campus Care Center, Eastern Gateway Community College.
- Ramesh Dangol, associate professor, Youngstown State University.
- Michael Engram, executive coach, Game Changers.
- Kyra Fleming, magistrate, Mahoning County Juvenile Justice Center.
- Lynnette Forde, president, The Youngstown Foundation.
- Jessica Foster, senior manager of assurance, Cohen & Co.
- Jenita Gillespie, director of legal operations, Bon Secours Mercy Health.
- Jodi Glass, recruiting and marketing coordinator, Mahoning County Career & Technical Center.
- Andrew Hampton, principal, Mahoning County Career & Technical Center.
- Ryan Hutchison, senior manager of human resources, Vallourec Star.
- Christine Jenkins, chief growth officer, Potential Development.
- Gerri Jenkins, executive director, MyPath MV.
- Steven Jones, CEO/agent, Steven C. Jones Insurance Agency Inc.
- John Kettler, general manager of mass production, Vallourec Star.
- Dionne Lacey, executive director, United Returning Citizens.
- Dr. Harriet Lemberger-Schor, physician, Bon Secours Mercy Health.
- Melissa Libert, senior tax manager, HD Davis CPAs.
- Matthew Longmire, business resource manager, Valley Economic Development Partners.
- Michael McGiffin, president, Regional Chamber Foundation.
- Trisha Mossor, business development manager, Aim Transportation Solutions.
- Blair Mulholland, private equity real estate associate, Sapientia Ventures.
- Chelsea Munroe, project specialist II, Dominion Energy.
- Linda Nuosci, vice president, commercial relationship manager, First National Bank.
- Katie Phillips, urban planner, MS Consultants.
- Ellie Platt, owner/president, Platt Insurance.
- Troy Rhoades, regional external affairs, FirstEnergy/Ohio Edison.
- Melissa Russo, chief operating officer, Mercy Health Physicians.
- Leah Sakacs, director of Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion programs, Family and Community Services Inc.
- Juan Santiago, vice president/CRA engagement leader, Farmers National Bank.
- Roxann Sebest, vice president, United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley.
- Jody Sexton, human resource business partner, Ultium Cells.
- Victor Shaw, youth facilitator/quality assurance specialist, Mahoning County Juvenile Court.
- Maria Spencer, director of early care and education services, Early Childhood Resource Center.
- Alexa Sweeney Blackann, consultant, #1 Cochran Automotive Group.
- Ryan Tekac, health commissioner, Mahoning County Public Health.
- Anthony Trevena, executive director, Western Reserve Port Authority.
- Candace Turpack, relationship manager, Key Private Bank.
- Martin Tursky, market chief operating officer, Mercy Health.
- H. Terrell Washington, owner, HLW Fast Track Inc./Leaf Relief.
- David Wilaj, director of the Mahoning Valley Logistics Council, Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber.
- Megan Wine, business development executive, TEMA Roofing Services.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.