‘Memorable Meals’ Announces Participating Restaurants
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The initial lineup of restaurants participating in the second Memorable Meals Mahoning Valley includes top food purveyors in the region. The event, “Dining Across Cultures,” will take place April 26 from 2 to 5 p.m. in the Stambaugh Auditorium Grand Ballroom.
In addition to the food offerings, the event will feature an auction of items such as an autographed copy of the book “Classic Restaurants of Youngstown” by Tom Welsh, a produce share from Grow Youngstown (valued at $500), a behind-the-scenes tour of the Tyler Mahoning Valley History Center, and ticket vouchers for any upcoming Stambaugh Auditorium event.
The following restaurants and their selections are confirmed so far:
- Abruzzi’s: Hot peppers in oil
- Antone’s: Monkey bowl salad
- Casa Ramirez: Chicken a la Ramirez
- Friends Roastery: Coffee
- Ghossain’s Bakery: Lebanese flatbread, pita bread, hummus
- Golden Dawn: Meatloaf
- Handel’s Ice Cream: Mini Handel pop
- Jay’s Famous Hot Dogs: Pastry
- Jimmy’s: Greens and beans
- Joe Maxx: Coffee
- Krakus: TBD
- Kravitz Delicatessen: Corned beef sandwiches, spinning bowl salads
- MVR: Tressel Tortellini
- Plaza Donuts: Cream sticks
- Royal Oaks: Raspberry BBQ and Buffalo wings
- Saratoga: Spanakopita
- Scarsella’s: Wedding soup
Additional restaurants are being confirmed. There will also be a 30 Mile Meal Culinary Classic featuring Catullo Prime Meats, Magic Tree Pub & Eatery and Springfield Grille. A representative from each will prepare an innovative meal using a bushel of locally sourced ingredients.
Proceeds from this event will benefit Grow Youngstown’s subsidized share program, Stambaugh Auditorium and the Tyler History Center’s development of new education and community outreach programs. Tickets are available through the Stambaugh Auditorium box office at 330 259 0555 or at StambaughAuditorium.com.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.