Oak Hill Collaborative to Host Digital Inclusion Week Events
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Oak Hill Collaborative is recognizing Digital Inclusion Week with a series of workshops and presentations to promote and increase digital equity in the Mahoning Valley.
“This week serves as an opportunity to celebrate the progress made, be visible and raise awareness, and to extend our reach within the community,” said Pat Kerrigan, executive director of the Oak Hill Collaborative.
Here’s the schedule for the events, which will also be featured on Oak Hill’s YouTube channel and Facebook page. All events will take place at 3 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- Monday: Highlighting the Hardware for Homes program, which provides newly refurbished HP ProBook 640 G2s to qualified applicants.
- Tuesday: Interview about artificial intelligence and eco-conscious technology with Amir Huggins of ImagineAge Holdings.
- Wednesday: Podcasting in the Multimedia Lab. At 6 p.m., Steve Kristan of Eastgate Regional Council of Governments will discuss the Affordable Connectivity program on Facebook Live.
- Thursday: Highlighting the Sound Lab in the Oak Hill Makerspace.
- Friday: Gaming with Twitch and 3-D printing with Hero Forge.
“We look forward to highlighting the incredible digital inclusion work happening in our area during this national week of recognition,” Kerrigan said. “Our collective efforts help bridge the digital divide, and this week is our opportunity to ensure these initiatives are recognized and supported on a broader scale.”
Digital Inclusion Week is a national week of action to raise awareness and amplify the importance of digital equity. This year’s theme is Building Connected Communities.
For more information about Oak Hill’s programs, visit its Facebook page or call 330 406 0731.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.