Ohio Presidential Trail Includes McKinley Home, Museum
NILES, Ohio — This Presidents Day, visit the memorial museum and birthplace home of President William McKinley as well as 12 other stops along the Ohio Presidential Trail.
A joint effort of TourismOhio and the Ohio History Connection, the Ohio Presidential Trail highlights homes, libraries, museums and monuments of eight U.S. presidents elected from Ohio, including McKinley, who was born in Niles.
“We’re thrilled that our two Presidential sites here in Niles have been recognized on the new Trail,” said Beth Kotwis Carmichael, director of Trumbull County Tourism Bureau. “It presents another opportunity to share our county with new visitors.”
Other stops include:
- William Henry Harrison Tomb State Memorial, North Bend
- William Howard Taft National Historic Site, Cincinnati
- Birthplace of Ulysses S. Grant in Point Pleasant and the U.S. Grant Boyhood Home & Schoolhouse, Georgetown
- Warren G. Harding Home & Memorial, Marion
- Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library & Museum, Fremont
- Garfield Memorial at Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland
- James A. Garfield National Historic Site and the James A. Garfield Birthplace, Moreland Hills
- Hiram College, where President Garfield met his wife, Lucretia Rudolph
- National First Ladies’ Library, Canton
The Ohio Presidential Trail is one of more than 65 trails that can be found on the Ohio Adventure Trails map at Trails.Ohio.Org.
Copyright 2024 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.