PNC Celebrates Women in Business Week with Annual Event
PITTSBURGH, Pa. — PNC Bank is hosting its 12th annual Women in Business Week: Accelerating Women’s Financial Equality virtually May 9 to 13.
During the event, women financial decision makers – from business owners and executives, to women who may be managing their finances for the first time – can gain insights to help support the long-term financial health of their families and businesses, according to a release. The even will feature keynote speakers Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer, co-founders of Entreprenista and the digital and influencer agency Socialfly.
“This year’s webcasts draw on our relationships with companies and organizations across the country who are aligned in the mission to accelerate women’s financial equality and close the economic gender gap,” says Beth Marcello, head of PNC’s Women’s Business Development. “According to the World Economic Forum’s 2020 Global Gender Gap Report, if progress continued at its current pace, it would still take women another 257 years to catch up economically to men. That’s not fast enough for us, which is why we launched Project 257 last year. Our Women in Business Week speakers will offer their experience and insights on a variety of topics relevant to the gender gap, from entrepreneurship and personal investing to heart health.”
Women in Business Week events are free and open to the public. Registration is available at PNC.com/businesswebcasts.
VIRTUAL WOMEN IN BUSINESS WEEK EVENTS
Monday, May 9
11 am ET: The Women Who Built the Brand: Making Purell a Household Name
Kick off the week in conversation with the third-generation, woman-owned business that helped the world survive the pandemic.
- Marcella Kanfer Rolnick, GOJO executive chair
- Carey Jaros, GOJO CEO
- Moderator: Joe Luckring, PNC regional president, Akron
1 pm ET: Radical Generosity: Changing the World for Entrepreneurs
Learn how a no-interest loan and SheEO Activators are accelerating financial equality for two entrepreneurs.
- Wanona Satcher, CEO, Makhers Studio and 2021 SheEO Venture
- Danielle Ruttenberg, co-founder, Remark Glass and 2022 SheEO Venture
- Susie Pan, director of Ventures, SheEO
- Moderator: Mariko Blakely, PNC relationship manager and SheEO activator
Tuesday, May 10
11 am ET: The Business of the Arts: How Women Set the Stage
From dance theaters to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, women are the star performers in the arts and culture economy.
- Liz Peschges, vice president, Culture and Strategy, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Zenetta Drew, executive director, Dallas Black Dance Theatre
- Vanessa Cooksey, president & CEO, Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis
- Moderator: Kristen Baird Adams, chief of staff, PNC Office of the Regional Presidents
1 pm ET: Women Moving Markets: A Force for Social Change
This panel discussion will address how leading women are using finance as a tool for promoting equity and social impact.
- Tracy Palandjian, CEO and co-founder, Social Finance
- Betty Francisco, CEO, Boston Impact Initiative, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor, Pipeline Angels
- Moderator: Linda Henry, CEO, Boston Globe
Wednesday, May 11
1 pm ET: Financial Freedom: Getting Savvy About Money
Compelling stories and practical steps can change your lifelong relationship with money.
- Lynne Herndon, credit executive, PNC Commercial Credit
- Brenasia Ward-Caldwell, cloud security analyst, PNC Enterprise Technology & Security
- Melodie Roach, vice president and financial adviser, PNC Investments
- Moderator: Jennifer Daurora, vice president, PNC Retail Solutions and Design
Thursday, May 12
1 pm ET: The Strength of We: Friends, Followers and Confidantes
Keynote Speakers Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer, co-founders of Entreprenista and the digital and influencer agency Socialfly, share how they grew their business and built a powerful networking community for women.
- Moderator: Alex Overstrom, head of PNC Small Business
Friday, May 13
11 am ET: The Heart of Women’s Healthcare
Pioneers in women’s heart health discuss the gaps in women’s health research and what’s being done to improve it.
- Bhawanjit Brar, Ph. D, CEO and founder, Jaan Biotherapeutics
- Indu Poornima, M.D., director of Preventive Cardiology and Women’s Heart Center, Allegheny Health Network
- Lisa Iadicicco, executive director, Women in Bio
- Moderator: Stacy Juchno, CPA, General Auditor, The PNC Financial Services Group
To learn more about PNC’s women’s business advocacy, visit PNC.com/women.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.