Strimbu Memorial Fund Gives $148K in Grants
SHARON, Pa. – The Strimbu Memorial Fund awarded $148,087 to 23 local organizations at the fund’s 30th Annual Gift Giving Meeting Dec. 20 at the headquarters of Penn Northwest Development Corp.
“The Strimbu Memorial Fund awarded these grants to assist in these organization’s development efforts and provide assistance and programs to those in need,” said Bill Strimbu. “Their work is extremely important and beneficial to our surrounding communities.”
Since it was founded in 1990, the Strimbu Memorial Fund has awarded more than $3.4 million in scholarships and grants to nonprofits. The fund is supported by fundraisers such as the Wild Game Dinner, planned for Feb. 17, and the Strimbu Memorial Day BBQ, planned for May 1.
The organizations receiving grants are:
- Brookfield Local Schools (STEAM)
- Brookfield Township
- Community Library of the Shenango Valley (STEAM)
- E-Academy at Linden Pointe
- Guardian Nest
- Homes for Kids
- Inspiring Minds
- Joshua’s Haven
- Meals on Wheels Shenango Valley
- Meals on Wheels Trumbull County
- Mercer County Coalition for Drug Awareness
- Mercer County Mentoring
- New Life Baptist Church
- Operation Lighthouse
- Penn-Northwest Development Corp.
- Prince of Peace AWESOME Program
- Shop with a Cop Program—Farrell
- The American Red Cross, Lake to River Chapter
- The Hope Center for Arts & Technology
- The Salvation Army—Sharon
- United Way of Mercer County
- Waterfire Sharon
- West Hill Ministries
Also at the meeting, board officers were re-elected to terms ending in 2021. They are Jim Grasso, president; Gary Hoff, vice president; Frank Krieder, treasurer; and John Matune, secretary. Board members reelected are Paul O’Brien, Charles Carrier, Bill Strimbu II, John Matune and Steve O’Brien.
For more information, visit StrimbuMemorialFund.org.
Copyright 2021 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.