TCTC Business Students Advance to National Competition
WARREN, Ohio — Students from Trumbull Career and Technical Center will advance to the 2022 National Leadership Competition after placing first, second and third at the 2022 Ohio Business Professionals of American Conference.
During the state event, which was held in March 10 and 11 in Columbus, members of TCTC’s Interactive Multimedia and Web Design and Application Development Programs earned the following:
1st Place – Podcast Production Team
- Porfirio Torres, Senior, Southington Chalker High School
- Hayden Muncy, Senior, Newton Falls High School
- Brooke Whittaker, Senior, Newton Falls High School
- Jade Maloney, Senior, Niles McKinley High School
2nd Place – Python Programming
- Luke Conaway, Senior, Southington Chalker High School
2nd Place – Digital Media Production
- Kady McClain, Senior, Howland High School
3rd Place – User Experience Design Team
- Andrea Angel, Senior, Warren G. Harding High School
- Ronald Levak, Junior, Lakeview High School
- Emma Ross, Senior, Champion High School
- Tara Wertz, Senior, Warren G. Harding High School
“Our students did a fantastic job, and we’re excited to see them move on to represent us on a national level,” said TCTC program supervisor Rachel Gensburg.
The first and second place teams will advance to the national competition taking place in Dallas, Texas later this year.
Pictured at top left to right are: Hayden Muncy, Brooke Whittaker, Jade Maloney and Porfirio Torres.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.