The Amp, Wean Park to Host Vindys Concert, Wine Fest, Free Movies
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre and adjacent Wean Park will again be the sites for many concerts and community events this summer, sponsored by Premier Bank.
The lineup includes a concert by The Vindys, the annual Wine and Jazz Festival, and a series of movies.
Many of the events are free. Tickets for the events that are not free, which are a concert by The Vindys, the Wine and Jazz fest, and Night Out for Neighborhoods, are on sale now at TicketMaster.com.
Here is the schedule:
- Literacy Expo: The summer series will begin May 5 at The Amp with a Summer Literacy Expo presented by the Youngstown City School District. The free event, which runs from 5 to 8 p.m., will feature keynote speaker Judge Glenda Hatchett and children’s author Vicky Weber. It will include food, games, community vendors and educational resources.
- The Vindys, the Youngstown-based rock band that is among the region’s most popular, will perform at The Amp at 7:30 p.m. June 4. This is a ticketed event.
- The Youngstown Wine and Jazz Festival, featuring Four80East and Sharon Rae North, will take place July 9 at The Amp. The City of Youngstown and Youngstown State University Summer Festival of the Arts sponsor this ticketed event. Ticketed Event.
- “Space Jam,” the 1996 film starring Michael Jordan, will be shown July 22 at The Amp. Admission is free to this special Friday night offering of the annual movie series in Wean Park.
- Night Out for Neighborhoods, featuring 76 Degrees West, will take place at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at The Amp. This is a ticketed event.
- The Ohio Nonviolence Week Parade will be Oct. 2. Admission is free.
The Youngstown Summer Movie Series, presented in conjunction with JAC Live, the city of Youngstown and Penguin City Brewing Co., will feature free outdoor films at dusk on Saturdays all summer. It will take place in Wean Park.
Here is the schedule:
- June 20: “Ghostbusters Afterlife” (2021).
- June 27: “Encanto” (2021).
- July 11: “Karate Kid” (1984).
- July 22: “Space Jam” (1996; at the Amp).
- July 25: “Scrooged” (1988).
- Aug. 1: “Spiderman: No Way Home” (2021).
- Aug. 8: “Hocus Pocus” (1993).
- Aug. 15: “School of Rock” (2003).
Pictured: The Vindys. Photo by Cusano Photography.
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.