The Update | Model Railroad Displays to Open; Film Festival Announces Winners
AUSTINTOWN, Ohio – The Youngstown Model Railroad Association will again open its doors to the public for a series of weekend dates.
The YMRA clubhouse, at the intersection of Four Mile Run and Racoon roads, will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Nov. 4-5 and 11-12 and Dec. 2-3 and 9-10.
The YMRA features two complete room-size displays, one in HO scale and the other in the larger O scale. Each layout features more than 100 scale miles of track.
The HO layout is undergoing improvements to its steel mill complex and buildings in the city and industrial areas, as well as track and lighting upgrades.
The O scale layout is undergoing a major renovation. The locomotive roundhouse area is being completely redone, and scenery is being upgraded.
Admission is $5 per person (free for children 11 and under with an adult).
List of Youngstown Film Festival Winners
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The second annual Youngstown Film Festival took place Oct. 21-22 at the Tyler History Center.
Here is the list of winners:
- Movie/TV trailer: “Bonding.”
- Screenplay: “The Rabbit.”
- Microbudget: “Frame Fumble.”
- Cinematography: “Bonding” and “Angel Mine.”
- First-time Filmmaker: Giana Vigliotti, “Pygmalion”; and Anthony Dain, “Don’t Get Caught.”
- Animated: “The Prince’s Dilemma.”
- LGBTQ+: “Unnamed.”
- Documentary: “The Life of Two Elderly People.”
- International: “Adieu Gaston,” France.
- Director: Melanie Clarke-Penella, “Find Them.”
- Actor: David Ogrodowski, “Two Chairs.”
- Actress: Kaylin Allshouse, “Just Be Cool.”
- Short Film: “Two Chairs.”
- Feature Film: “Cul-De-Sac.”
- Youngstown Area Film: The Vindys, music video for “Bugs.”
Tribute to Michael Jackson at Theater
WARREN, Ohio – Who’s Bad, a tribute to Michael Jackson, will return to the Robins Theatre on Saturday, Feb. 3, for an 8 p.m. concert.
Tickets will range from $18 to $35 (plus applicable fees) and will go on sale Friday, Nov. 3, at 10 a.m. at robinstheatre.com and the box office, 160 E. Market St.
Westminster Wind Ensemble Concert
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. – The Westminster College Wind Ensemble will perform a free concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3, in Orr Auditorium.
The concert, “Zoom,” will feature three guest student conductors – Isabella Dienes of Punxsutawney, Cameron Stahl of Beaver and Dalton Stoops of Warren, Ohio – who are the winners of the school of music’s Young Conductors Competition.
The winners will conduct “Awakening Hills” by Richard Saucedo, “Concert Variations” by Claude T. Smith and “Shine” by Michael Markowski.
Under the direction of R. Tad Greig, the ensemble will also perform “Zoom” by Scott Boerma, “Moorside Suite” by Gustav Holst, “Sanctuary” by Frank Ticheli and “Yosemite Autumn” by Mark Camphouse.
The performance will also be livestreamed HERE.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.