Trumbull United Way Joins Restaurants for ‘Giving Tuesday’
WARREN, Ohio — United Way of Trumbull County is celebrating the GivingTuesday with Dine Out at nearby restaurants to help provide turkeys for those in need.
GivingTuesday, a United Way spokesman explains, “is a global day of giving that joins the collective power of individuals, businesses and organizations to encourage good will and celebrate generosity.”
GivingTuesday occurs the first Tuesday that follows Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which this year is Nov. 29.
United Way’s GivingTuesday is designed to allow customers to enjoy a meal at one of the participating restaurants and help give back to those in need. Participating restaurants will donate a designated percentage of each customer’s bill to United Way of Trumbull County, which in turn will direct the proceeds to buy holiday turkeys and distribute them among participating agencies: Beatitude House, Christy House, Niles Community Services, S.C.O.P.E., Salvation Army of Warren, Trumbull Mobile Meals and United Way’s Community Services’ Food Pantry.
The turkeys should arrive in mid-December, the spokesman says.
Participating restaurants and details:
- Barrel33 of Howland, 20% of dine-in revenue sales, including alcohol. Carry-out and retail sales are excluded. Buyer must produce mobile or physical flyer or mention this promotion at time of purchase.
- Chipotle of Niles, 50% of revenue sales. Customers must produce mobile or physical flyer or mention promotion at time of payment. Gift cards excluded; however, purchases made with an existing gift card apply.
- Chuck E. Cheese of Niles, 15% of revenue sales made between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. Customer must produce mobile or physical flyer or mention promotion at the time of purchase.
- PizzaFire of Niles, 20% of all revenue sales. No flyer required.
- Subway of Niles, 20% of revenue sales. Customer must produce mobile or physical flyer or mention promotion at the time of purchase.
- Texas Roadhouse of Niles, 10% of revenue sales between 4 and 9 p.m. Customer must produce mobile or physical flyer or mention promotion at the time of purchase. Texas Roadhouse will hold a canned goods and non-perishable food collection in conjunction.
- Quaker Steak & Lube of Warren/Cortland, 10% of all revenue. No flyer required.
Copyright 2024 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.