Vintage Ohio Wine Festival Returns
KIRTLAND, Ohio – Vintage Ohio has become a summer tradition for thousands and a vehicle for wineries to launch new wines.
The wine festival, presented by the Geneva-based Ohio Wine Producers Association, will take place Friday and Saturday, Aug. 4-5, at Lake Metroparks Farmpark, 8800 Euclid Chardon Road.
Hours are noon to 9 p.m. both days. Tickets are $42 at the gate and $37 in advance (click HERE).
The festival, which features wines produced in northeastern Ohio and across the state, has also become a place for new wineries to share their stories and products with an interested audience.
Guests can wander the tree-lined grounds and sample wine and food and peruse goods offered by unique artisanal vendors. There will be live music at multiple sites and food trucks.
Three Ohio wineries who have expanded into brewing will also be on hand with their products: Maize Valley of Hartville, The Vineyards at Pine Lake of Columbiana and Double Wing Brewery at Debonne Vineyards.
Visitors can also sign up to win a getaway vacation at The Lodge at Geneva.
There will also be a few new tents and attractions this year, including:
- All that Glitters is Gold Tent, featuring 16 gold- and double-gold-medal wines from the 2023 Ohio competition. Vintage Ohio is the only place to find so many winners in one location. In addition to the nearly 90 samples described in the tasting booklet, guests can select eight of the gold-medal wines to sample. While these wines will not be available on Festival Field or to take home from the festival, as quantities may be limited, guests can order them directly from the participating wineries while supplies last.
- Wine Mixology Tent. Wine cocktails are trendy, and the Ohio wine team will be mixing some up using wines being poured on Festival Field. They have created four options, using a rosé, white, red and sparkling wine. For $7, guests can sample each creation and select one to have as a full cocktail or pay $5 for a full cocktail.
- Schott Zwiesel Fine Wineglass Tent. Hosted by SZ expert Tom Baker, guests will be able to sip and understand how important quality stemware is to the total enjoyment of great wine. The stemware will be available for purchase.
- Home Winemaking Tent. Joe Hoover, who is known for his home winemaking skills, will offer tips to help guests make their own wines.
- Cookie Dough and Wine Pairing Fun Tent. This fun tasting experience will feature egg-free cookie dough from 3rd and Spoon of Pickerington, Ohio. Four doughs will be paired with wines from Festival Field.
- Celebrity Chef Lisa Delgado and her team of friends will give high-energy cooking demonstrations. Guests can sample their creations and sip wines she selected to pair with the foods.
- Recreational Vehicle Life with Meyers RV. Explore a collection of beautiful RVs on Festival Field.
Pictured at top: A guest gets a sample pour at last year’s Vintage Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.