Wean Foundation Announces Q2 Community Investment Grants
WARREN, Ohio – The Raymond John Wean Foundation announced grants totaling $643,500 to nine organizations.
The foundation determined the Community Investment Grant awards at its June board of directors meeting.
The grants were made to organizations whose work aligns with the foundation’s strategic priorities and includes integrated, equitable solutions enhancing the quality of life in the Mahoning Valley.
Four of the grants went to organizations whose work addresses the foundation’s strategic priority of educational opportunity (school, college and career readiness for students in the Warren and Youngstown city school districts):
- Eastern Ohio Education Partnership
- Inspiring Minds
- Mahoning Valley College Access Program
- Turning Foundation
Aligned with the Foundation’s strategic priority of Economic Opportunity: Increased economic mobility for residents, funding was awarded to the Youngstown Business Incubator’s Women in Entrepreneurship Program.
Other grants were awarded to:
- Interfaith Home Maintenance Services Inc. for emergency home repairs
- Kent State University Foundation Inc. for The Road Not Taken: STEM Career Exploration for Young Women program
- Philanthropy Ohio
- Youngstown State University for Summer Bridge 2018.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.