Week in Review | Southwoods, Charging Stations, $1.3M Expansion

BOARDMAN, Ohio — In our June 2021 edition, Dan O’Brien explored the growth of Southwoods Health over the last 25 years. What began with a single outpatient surgical hospital – the brainchild of Ed Muransky and Dr. Louis Lyras – has expanded into a medical network that includes an acute-care hospital, a pain and spine clinic, regional physician offices, imaging, express care and a sleep center.

This year, Southwoods looks to break ground on a new orthopedic center at its Boardman Campus.

For the full story, click HERE. Also, be sure check out video interviews with co-founder Muransky and Lyras as they look back on the last 25 years and offer details on the new orthopedic center.

Youngstown OKs EPA Grant for EV Charging Stations

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — On Thursday, the city’s Board of Control approved accepting $60,000 in grant money from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency to install four electric-vehicle charging stations downtown.

Two stations will be installed at the Kress parking lot, next to the Seventh District Court of Appeals building on West Federal Street, and two additional stations are planned for city-owned property on the corner of West Federal and Fifth Avenue, next to the fire station. Each station can accommodate two vehicles simultaneously.

Click HERE

Dean Natural Vending Sets $1.3M Expansion

HERMITAGE, Pa. — Dean Natural Vending is preparing to embark on a $1.3 million expansion to its new building at the LindenPointe Innovative Business Campus.

The 11,000-square-foot expansion, which should be completed in September, will serve different purposes. About 70% of the space will be dedicated to indoor vehicle storage. The remaining 30% will house and receive new vending machines and to construct the micro-markets, which are then disassembled and rebuilt at customers’ sites.

Click HERE.

Inner City Housing Market Is Strong

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Also in the June edition, George Nelson looks at the inner city housing market, which is going strong thanks to area groups working to rehabilitate the properties.

“Pretty much as soon as they hit the MLS, we’ve got showings and we’re getting offers,” says Tiffany Sokol, housing director for the Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corp. Click HERE.

Copyright 2024 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.