WRTA Gives Valley a Lift with New Jingle
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – A new jingle for the Western Reserve Transit Authority harkens to an earlier time in WRTA’s history – a history that will be celebrated this fall when WRTA marks 50 years of serving riders in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties.
The jingle is featured in WRTA’s TV spots and has a “retro” feel to it, according to Farris Marketing, the agency that produced the new spots. The spots one that might prompt viewers with long memories to recall an animated WRTA commercial from the 1990s that also featured a jingle as well as an animated bus “flying” over traffic, the agency suggests.
“We’re very proud of WRTA’s 50-year history of serving Valley residents,” said WRTA Executive Director Dean Harris. “And we’re also proud of the many steps we’ve taken over the last several years to expand and improve our services. We’re planning a special 50th anniversary event in October, and will mark this milestone in many additional ways. This new jingle is a great kick-off to our planned celebration.”
The new jingle can be heard and the TV spots can be viewed by clicking on this link.
The spots focus on the diverse services WRTA now offers. Among them:
- Fixed Route Service — the big buses that follow a regular schedule five or six days a week.
- Late Night — a scheduled service that operates from 9 p.m. to midnight.
- Countywide — a scheduled service that allows riders to travel to destinations in the two counties that are not served by fixed routes.
- ADA All-Access — a scheduled service for those who have difficulty riding or are unable to ride fixed route buses.
- The myStop Mobile app — available for iPhones and Android phones, which allows riders to see every bus on every WRTA Fixed Route, as well as when their bus will arrive.
SOURCE: Farris Marketing.
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.