YBI Announces Shark Tank Entrepreneur Lineup
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Youngstown Business Incubator announced the lineup of entrepreneurs who will pitch their startup ideas at the inaugural “Shark Tank” pitch competition and fundraising event.
A designated committee of business counselors, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and other industry professionals reviewed 43 applications for the event, which is scheduled for May 3 at The Lake Club and sponsored by Medical Mutual. The committee selected 11 companies to offer 90-second pitches of their ideas to the panel of “sharks” for a chance to earn prize money of $6,000, $3,000 and $1,000 for first, second and third place, respectively.
“The response we had from entrepreneurs absolutely exceeded our expectations, and it led to an extremely difficult selection process for our committee,” said Corey Patrick, director of marketing and communications at the YBI.
The 11 entrepreneurs include:
- Lindsay Watson of Augment Therapy.
- Erika Woodrum of SeeLife.
- Calvin Mason of NuFloss.
- Jaynanne Sheehan of PlateMap.
- Holly Masters of Purpose The Therapeutic Subscription Box.
- Steve Pelton of hChoices.
- Kayla Ruffner of Unchained.
- Micheline Thompson of Mishmoccs.
- Quentin Fisher of HC Analytics.
- Jean McConnell of Pinnacle Health Concepts.
- Larissa Smith of FishMySpot.
“These entrepreneurs represent a wide variety of industries, and they’re bringing their talent from various parts of Northeast Ohio, including the Mahoning Valley. We are very excited to see which companies our Sharks will take a bite of,” Patrick said.
The sharks – Ed Muransky, owner and CEO of The Muransky Companies; Eugene Calabria, CEO of the North Canton-based GBS Corp.; Catherine Mott, founder of BlueTree Capital Group; Anthony Vross, co-owner of Simon Roofing; and John Masternick, CEO of Windsor House Inc. – will select their top three. Audience members will vote to advance three other entrepreneurs to the final round. The sharks have the final say in who takes home the cash prizes.
The YBI Shark Tank is possible thanks to the contributions of Medical Mutual, Vince & Phyllis Bacon and Home Savings Bank, as well as other donors
The event is open for anyone to attend. Tickets are $75 each or $575 for a table of eight, and can be purchased at YBI.org/sharktank or by calling 330 506 0054. Proceeds support programming and services at the YBI.
- YBI ‘Sharks’ Fishing for More than a Good Idea
- 3 Minutes With: Meet the Sharks before YBI’s Shark Tank
- YBI Names 5 ‘Sharks’ for Shark Tank Event
- YBI Seeks Applicants for ‘Shark Tank’ Event
Copyright 2023 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.