Yorks, DeBartolo Corp. to Match Donations to the YMCA on Giving Tuesday
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – On Giving Tuesday, Nov. 30, Denise and John York and The DeBartolo Corp. will match donations of up to $9,000 made to the YMCA of Youngstown.
That means even a $50 gift turns into a $100 gift, and it stays in the community.
“We thank the Yorks and The DeBartolo Corporation for their generosity and dedication to our community,” Tom Gacse, president and CEO of the YMCA, said in a press release. “When you give to the Y on Giving Tuesday, or any day of the year, you are ensuring equitable access to resources that the Y is committed to providing, no matter the challenges that may face our communities, economically or socially.”
Giving Tuesday is a global day celebrating philanthropy and generosity. This year, the YMCA hopes to reach a goal of $18,000, which will allow it to:
- Improve the physical and mental well-being of those living with, through, or beyond cancer in our LiveStrong at the YMCA Program, offered free to all cancer survivors.
- Provide increased access to the YMCA After School Program, where children get homework help, physical activity and build friendships in a supportive environment.
- Offer swim lessons and water safety skills to children with disabilities in the Swim Whisperers Program at the Y.
- Offer free art programming and experiences to under-served neighbors and areas of our community through the YMCA ARTreach Program.
- Supplement the cost of membership and programs’ fees for children, adults, seniors, and families through our YMCA Financial Assistance Program so all can have access, regardless of their financial situation.
Donors wishing to contribute to the YMCA of Youngstown for Giving Tuesday can go to YMCAyo.org/giving-tuesday.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.