Businesses Collect Toys, Books for Akron Children’s
BOARDMAN, Ohio — Holiday giving campaigns by local businesses will benefit patients at Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley.
“We are so grateful to these local businesses and their customers,” said JoAnn Stock, senior director of development, Akron Children’s. “These donations of toys and books help to make the season brighter for the patients who visit our hospital during the holidays.”
For more information about the toy and book drives, contact Kelsey Moreton, development coordinator, at 330 746 9128 or email@example.com.
These businesses are holding drives to benefit Akron Children’s:
- Schroedel Scullin and Bestic LLC, 196 N. Broad St., Canfield, accepting new books through Nov. 30
- Steak ‘n Shake, 6786 Applewood Blvd., Boardman, accepting new, unwrapped toys through Dec. 19
- Residence Inn, 7396 Tiffany South Blvd., Boardman, accepting new, unwrapped toys through Dec. 19
- Ghossain’s Gourmet Mediterranean Foods, 3990 South Ave., Boardman and 6261 Youngstown-Warren Road., Niles, accepting new, unwrapped toys through Dec. 19
- Youngstown Cycle, 6915 Market St., Boardman, accepting new toys and books through Jan. 1, 2017
- Barnes & Noble, 381 Boardman-Poland Road, Boardman, accepting new books through Jan. 1, 2017
- Books-A-Million, 5555 Youngstown-Warren Road, Eastwood Mall, Niles, accepting new books through Dec. 17
- Starbucks, 1247 Boardman-Poland Road, Boardman and 851 N. Canfield-Niles Road, Austintown, accepting toys and books through a Giving Tree program at each location through Dec. 18
For a list of the most-needed toy items, visit this site.
Copyright 2017 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
Published by The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our print edition and sign up to our free daily headlines.