Fundraisers Seek Nominees for Philanthropy Awards
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – The Association of Fundraising Professionals Mahoning-Shenango Chapter is accepting nominations for the 2016 National Philanthropy Day Awards.
Nominations will be accepted through 5 p.m. July 15 for the awards.
The luncheon ceremony, scheduled for Nov. 18 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center in Boardman, will mark the 26th year of the local awards.
Nominations will be accepted in these categories:
- Outstanding philanthropist (individual or family)
- Outstanding corporate philanthropist (for-profit corporation or corporate foundation)
- Outstanding small business philanthropist (100 employees or fewer)
- Outstanding volunteer fundraiser (individual or small group)
- Outstanding civic organization (civic volunteer group)
- Outstanding young philanthropist (individual or group, 18 and under)
- Legacy Award (presented in conjunction with The Mahoning/Shenango Planned Giving Council posthumously to an individual or family).
Nominations should be directed to AFP, P.O. Box 672 Youngstown, Ohio 44501 or emailed to [email protected]. Nomination forms and expanded descriptions of each award criteria are available here at or can be requested via email.
To be eligible, nominees must reside in Mahoning, Trumbull or Columbiana counties in Ohio or in Mercer or Lawrence counties in Pennsylvania.
For more information, contact event co-chairwomen Catherine Cala at Youngstown State University ([email protected] or 330 941 2752) or Julia Pisansky at Beatitude House ([email protected] or 330 744 3147).
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.