Fundraising Professionals Name Philanthropy Day Honorees
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — The Association of Fundraising Professionals Mahoning-Shenango Chapter will honor six individuals, one company and one nonprofit at this year’s National Philanthropy Day Awards.
The honorees in the seven categories will be recognized during an awards luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 18 at Mr. Anthony’s Banquet Center, Boardman.
The Mahoning/Shenango AFP Chapter consists of 60 members who are active fundraising professionals for various nonprofit organizations, schools and hospitals.
The categories and honorees are:
- Outstanding Civic Organization — Youngstown CityScape
- Outstanding Corporate Philanthropist — Walmart of Mahoning and Shenango Valleys
- Legacy Award — Irwin Thomases
- Outstanding Philanthropist — Herb and Giselle Washington
- Outstanding Small Business Philanthropist — Bob Komara, Komara Jewelers
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Dorothy J. Pollock
- Outstanding Young Philanthropist — Kate Jenkins and Kindness Kampaign
Tickets are $35 and should be purchased by Nov. 11. Payments may be made to Association of Fundraising Professionals and mailed to P.O. Box 672 Youngstown, OH 44501. For program advertising, contact Catherine Cala by Nov. 1 at 330 941 2752 or [email protected].
Copyright 2022 The Business Journal, Youngstown, Ohio.